Trading Information on Global Futures
During trading hours:
(1) Via download trading system
(2) By phone to your Account Executive
(3) By phone to the trading hotline: (852) 2153-0898 (Futures)
- If orders are placed by phone, your Account Executive/Customer Service Representative will inform you about the trade status by phone (or by other forms of communication mentioned in the agreement).
- If orders are placed through the Internet trading platform, you may click on the “Position” button under “Account Info” window, and it will show the status for all the filled and unfilled orders.
System Settlement Time
New York summer time: Daily 05:30 – 06:00 Hong Kong Time
New York winter time: Daily 06:00 – 06:30 Hong Kong Time
In the event that maintenance is being carried out on the Internet trading systems, please contact the Dealing Department on (852) for any inquiries.
The settlement currency depends on the Futures contract being traded. Please refer to the "Margin Requirement" page.
Initial Margin and Maintenance Margin
All contracts must be opened with sufficient initial margin and be backed up with sufficient cash resources maintained at the minimum level of the maintenance margin. We will initiate a margin call to you when the net balance of the account falls below the maintenance margin. Once you have received the margin call, you should deposit a sufficient amount within the margin call period. Of course, you may square your positions when you receive the margin call.
If you cannot meet the margin call within a period of time, the open positions may be closed at our discretion. It is understood and agreed that we reserve the right to close open positions you have in your account without prior notice when the margin on deposit with us is exhausted or is inadequate to protect itself against price fluctuation. If the market fluctuates during the margin call period and your account's equity falls below 50% of the initial margin, your open positions will be closed out at our discretion without prior notice.
- A daily statement will be issued to you whenever there are trading activities, fund movements, and other activities booked in your account. It will be sent to you by post on the next business day after the trade day.
- A monthly statement is the summary of trading activities, fund movements, and other activities in your account of a particular month. This will be sent to you by post in the first week of the following month.
- Daily and monthly statements will be posted to your mailing address. We also offer an e-statement service.
|We offer a wide range of global futures products from various exchanges. Classification of them is as follows:|
|Please refer to the Product Specifications page for details on our global futures contracts.|
Limit order: Order with a specified price which will only be filled at that price or better.
Stop order: Order where an open position is automatically liquidated at market price, if the market trades through a specified price level.
* The availability of the order types depends on the Exchange’s setting.
Order Validity Period*
Day order: Valid from the time it is accepted to the closing time on the same trade day. Unless otherwise specified at the time of placing, all orders will be treated as day orders.
G-T-C order (Good Till Cancel): Valid from the time it is accepted until you cancel it or the trade is executed. To place a GTC order, you must specify it at the time of placing.
* The availability of the order validity period depends on the Exchange’s setting.
No Physical Delivery Services
The physical delivery of futures contracts is not applicable to all commodities that trade with us. To avoid the inconvenience of physical delivery of some futures contracts, it is suggested that clients holding a long position should close out the position two business days prior to the First Notice Date. Clients holding a short position should close out positions two business days prior to the Last Trading Date. If you have not closed out positions, we reserve the right to liquidate all outstanding positions for you at our discretion without further notice.
This information does not constitute a solicitation, offer, recommendation to buy or sell any investment products. The risk of trading futures and options: The risk of loss in trading futures contracts or options is substantial. In some circumstances, you may sustain losses in excess of your initial margin funds. Placing contingent orders, such as "stop-loss" or "stop-limit" orders, will not necessarily avoid loss. Market conditions may make it impossible to execute such orders. You may be called upon at short notice to deposit additional margin funds. If the required funds are not provided within the prescribed time, your position may be liquidated. You will remain liable for any resulting deficit in your account. You should therefore study and understand futures contracts and options before you trade and carefully consider whether such trading is suitable in the light of your own financial position and investment objectives. If you trade options you should inform yourself of exercise and expiration procedures and your rights and obligations upon exercise or expiry. Trading under Global Futures is affiliated with currency risk.